The Women’s International Match Racing Series (WIM Series) is a sailing series for women, hosted by the Women’s International Match Racing Association and joined by the world’s leading female match racing sailors.
During 2016 the series is touring around the world at following locations:
- June 27 – July 1, Helsinki Women’s Match, Helsinki, Finland, J/80.
- August 8 – 13, Lysekil Women’s Match, Lysekil, Sweden, DS 37.
- September 20 – 25, Women’s Match Racing World Championship, Sheboygan, USA, Elliott 6m.
- October 25 – 29, Busan Cup Women’s International Match Race, Busan, South Korea, K30.
- December 1 – 4, Carlos Aguilar Match Race, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, IC 24.
Photos are from the first racing day in sunny Helsinki. More info in the WIM Series newsletter.
In flight 5 I had the chance to photograph team Netherlands (Renée Groeneveld, Annemieke Bes, Lobke Berkhout, Mijke Lievens) on-board and follow their concentrated match racing.